Skip To Main Content

Free and Reduced Information

Free and Reduced Priced Lunches   The Lower Moreland Township School District offers healthy meals every school day.   Lunch costs are $2.60 at Pine Road Elementary School, $2.75 at Murray Avenue School and Lower Moreland Middle School, and $3.60 at Lower Moreland High School.  Lower Moreland Township School District participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch programs which provide breakfast and lunch free or at a reduced cost to eligible families. Reduced breakfast is free for 2024/25 and reduced lunch will be considered as free for 2024/25.  

To apply for free or reduced price meals, an Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals needs to be completed.  Applications are available on the website under the Services tab and then under Food Services.  A new application needs to be completed and approved each school year.  Information will be checked.  All information submitted is strictly confidential.  Completed applications are to be returned to Lower Moreland Township School District, 2551 Murray Avenue, Huntingdon Valley, PA  19006.

Frequently asked questions about Free & Reduced Applications

  1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced-price meals. Use one Free or Reduced Price Household Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to your child's school or to the address above.
  2. Who can receive free meals? Children in households receiving Food Stamps or TANF and most foster children can receive free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can receive free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.
  3. Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children receive free meals? Please call your child(ren)'s school to see if your child(ren) qualify(s).
  4. Who can receive reduced-price meals? Your children can receive low-cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart shown on this application.
  5. Should I fill out an application if I already received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced-price meals? Please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. Call Mr. Mark McGuinn at 215-938-0270 if you have questions.
  6. I receive WIC. Can my child(ren) receive free meals? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.
  7. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, please send income information.
  8. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps or TANF. If you lose your job, your children may be able to receive free or reduced-price meals.
  9. What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You may also ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Dr. Scott Davidheiser, Superintendent, Lower Moreland Township School District, 2551 Murray Avenue, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006, (215) 938-0270.
  10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
  11. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
  12. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally receive $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only received $900, put down that you receive $1000 per month. If you normally receive overtime, include it, but not if you receive it only sometimes. List the gross income each person earned from work. This is not the same as take-home pay. Gross income is the amount earned before taxes and other deductions.
  13. We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

If you have any other questions or need help, call Mark McGuinn, Business Manager at 215-938-0270.  

Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls within the limits on this chart:

For School Year July 1, 2024 June 30, 2025 and   
Household size Yearly     Monthly    Weekly    
1 27,861     2,322    536
2 37,814     3,152    728
3 47,767     3,981    919
4 57,720     4,810    1,110
5 67,673     5,640    1,302
6 77,626     6,469    1,493
7 87,579     7,299    1,685
8 97,532     8,128    1,876
Ea. Addl. person +9,953   +830    +192

IMPORTANT:  MY CHILD'S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED LAST YEAR.  DO I NEED TO FILL OUT ANOTHER ONE FOR THIS YEAR? Yes.  Your child's application is only good for that school year and for the first 30 operating days of the current 2024/25 school year.  You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for free/reduced lunches for the new school year.  

Privacy Act Statement: This explains how we will use the information you give us. The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced-price meals. You must include the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Food Stamp Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call 202-720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal-opportunity provider and employer.