Skip To Main Content

Student Registration Information

Section I:

Section II:
Change of Address (or) Extended Absence

Section III:
Helpful Links




Please email:
and attach scans of all required forms and documents shown below.

Please ensure all copies submitted are clear and legible.

If you have any questions about the paperwork, please email: or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217. 

PLEASE NOTE:  There is a 3-school-day processing time from the receipt of all registration paperwork until your child's first day of school in Lower Moreland.



  • Enrollment in Lower Moreland schools is restricted to Lower Moreland township residents.
    • Registrations are governed by School Board Policies No. 200 and No. 201 (top right: click on Policies, then go to Section 200 Pupils)
    • Admission of Nonresident students shall be in accordance with LMTSD Policy No. 202.  
  • Only parents or guardians may register students.
    • Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship papers.
    • Notarized statements are not accepted.
  • Age Eligibility:
    • for the 2023-24 school year:
      • Kindergarten registrants must have a birth date before 9/1/2018
      • First Grade registrants must have a birth date before 8/31/2017
    • for the 2024-25 school year:
      • Kindergarten registrants must have a birth date before 9/1/2019
      • First Grade registrants must have a birth date before 8/31/2018
  • NOTE: There is a 3-school-day leadtime from the receipt of all registration paperwork until your child's first day of school in Lower Moreland. 

  • Please be sure to withdraw your child from the previous school attended at least one day prior to your child's start day in our district. 


1.  Proof of Student Birthdate - Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by the original birth certificate or a valid passport. 

2.  Parent/Guardian Photo IDs are required when registering a student (current driver's license, government issued photo, or a valid passport).

3.  Student Registration Packet:  PLEASE NOTE - All of the forms in this packet are listed separately below with any special instructions and/or helpful hints for each.  This packet link is to all student registration forms and health forms (print pages 1-19), the Out-of-District Tuition form for future residents only (also print page 20), and the Multiple Occupancy form for non-residents only (also print pages 21-23).

REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the HEALTH WEBSITE.

4. Proofs of Residency: 

  • Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools.
  • Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. 
  • Student(s) and parent(s) or guardian(s) must be living at the residence. 

*FOR THOSE WHO OWN OR RENT A HOUSE OR APARTMENT in the Lower Moreland Township, please submit:

  • one of the following documents:
    • Property deed 
    • Most recent Lower Moreland township tax bill 
    • Notarized lease (rental agreement) 
      • Lease must show start and end dates and include the page with tenant and landlord signatures (notarization on the signature page). Children's names should be listed as occupants.
      • In lieu of notarization, docu-signed leases require a Certificate of Completion which is a digital audit trail that was emailed to you by DocuSign when they sent you the final copy of your signed document.
      • Lease cannot have a start date that is after the child's first day of attendance.  A child may not start school with a rental agreement until the date of residence. 
  • plus two recently dated proofs of residency showing your name and Lower Moreland mailing address, such as 
    • utility bill such as water, cable, electric (must show a mailing address, not a "SERVICE TO" address)
    • credit card account billing statement
    • bank statement
    • mortgage statement
    • homeowner or renter's insurance statement
    • vehicle insurance statement
    • vehicle registration (accepted ONLY when the VALID date is within 60 days)
    • cell phone statement
    • paycheck stub or letter from employer (if not self-employed) 
    • voter's registration (accepted ONLY when either the enrollment date or postmark date is within 60 days)
    • PLEASE NOTE:  
      • An application to open a new account or to change your address with a business or organization will be declined as a proof of residency; however, a dated confirmation from that company is acceptable.
      • Both of the proofs of residency may NOT be from the same source.

* FOR OTHER RESIDENCY circumstances:

  • Agreement of Sale (future residents)
    • Agreement must show a settlement (closing) date
    • It must be accompanied by a signed Out-of-District Tuition Payment Policy form
      • NOTEif you do not occupy the home by the child's first day of school, the family must pay tuition as per School Board Policy #202 
    • Within one week of the closing date, you are required to provide a copy of the deed (or signed ALTA settlement papers) plus two additional proofs of residency to the Registrar 
  • Multiple Occupancy form (more than one family per household) 
    • Form is used when parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township but resides with a Lower Moreland Township resident on a full-time basis
    • Both property owner (or lessee) and the multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must complete their portion of the form and provide the following documents:
      • Property owner:  ID, deed or recent LM tax bill, plus two recent proofs of residency
      • Multiple occupant:  ID plus two recent proofs of residency
    • The Multiple Occupancy form must be notarized.

5.  School Records 

  • Academic records such as last two year's final report cards, any standardized testing reports, and transcript
  • If applicable, IEP/GIEP and Evaluation Report, 504 plan, or other Special Education accommodations/modifications.
    • For Special Education students, please provide IEP and accompanying Evaluation Report (ER) or Reevaluation Report (RR)
    • For Gifted students, please provide GIEP and accompanying Gifted Written Report (GWR)


  • The following form must be completed by a parent/guardian by the date of registration: LMTSD Parent/Guardian Chromebook Agreement.
  • A check for the Chromebook technology fee in the amount of $25.00 will be collected by the schools. Check should be made payable to the Lower Moreland Township S.D.

Welcome to Lower Moreland!
Thank you for choosing the Lower Moreland Township School District
as your child's educational home.
We are honored that you are entrusting us with your child
and will work hard every day to maintain that trust.
We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child
and look forward to working with you.




When there is a change to your residence address within the district, parents/guardians must advise Central Registration within two weeks.  Please email or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217 to provide the following items:

  • parent/guardian photo ID (not required to be updated to the new address)
    • IMPORTANT NOTE:  If parents reside at separate addresses, attach paperwork showing who has physical custody of the children. 
      • If court documentation is not available, please provide a parental agreement stating where your child will be living the majority of the time. This statement must be signed and dated by both biological (or adoptive) parents and notarized.  
  • deed, recent LM tax bill or notarized lease
  • two other recently dated proofs of residency (bills or statements from two different businesses/organizations showing parent/guardian's name and mailing address)
  • Multiple Occupancy form (required only if parent/guardian is not the homeowner or the tenant listed on a lease)
    • Both property owner (or lessee) and the multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must complete their portion of the form and provide the following documents:
      • Property owner:  ID, deed or recent LM tax bill, plus two recent proofs of residency
      • Multiple occupant:  ID plus two recent proofs of residency


School Board policy states: If a student is absent for ten (10) days in a row without an absence note from a medical provider, the district must drop the student from the active school rolls.

In order for a student to be re-enrolled after being withdrawn for an extended absence, one utility bill or other proof of residency is required*. This proof:

  • must be dated within 30 days of the student's return
  • must be delivered, or emailed to the District Registrar, before the student's return 

* Please note that absences longer than a three-month period during the school term (or over the summer months) will need a complete new registration. 

Questions?  Please email or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217.