The Board of School Directors is a critical public link to public schools. The board is elected and serves as agents of the state legislature for a four-year term without pay.School board members serve their communities in several important ways:
- They look out for students.
- Education is not a line item on the school board's agenda -- it is the only item.
- They incorporate their community's view of what students should know and be able to do.
- They are accessible to the public and accountable for the performance of their schools.
- They ensure students get the best education for the tax dollars spent.
Dr. Murray Cohen, School Board President Please click here to reach Dr. Murray Cohen MeetingsThird Tuesday of Every Month7:00 PMPine Road Board Room(lower level of the new addition)Residents with questions concerning school matters may address the Board at the regularly scheduled meeting at appointed times on the agenda.