STUDENT REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURESREGISTRATIONS FOR 2019-2020are held at Central Registration,2551 Murray Avenue, Huntingdon Valleyby appointment only.Please email: email@example.com call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217to set up an appointment to bring in forms and documents.See documentation requirements below.
Welcome to Lower Moreland!Thank you for choosing the Lower Moreland Township School Districtas your child's educational home.We are honored that you are entrusting us with your childand will work hard every day to maintain that trust.We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child and look forward to working with you.SECTION I: REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Enrollment in Lower Moreland schools is restricted to Lower Moreland township residents.
- Only parents or legal guardians may register students.
- Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship papers.
- Notarized statements are not accepted.
1. PROOF OF STUDENT BIRTH DATE - Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by the original birth certificate or valid passport.2. PARENT/GUARDIAN PHOTO ID is required when registering a student (current driver's license, government issued photo or valid passport), and a copy of spouse's driver's license if he/she will not attend the registration meeting.
- Age Eligibility for 2019-20:
- Kindergarten Registrants must have a birth date before 09/1/2014
- First Grade Registrants must have a birth date before 08/31/2013
3. STUDENT REGISTRATION PACKET: (all inclusive) this link provides ALL of the following listed student registration forms, health forms, and the Multiple Occupancy form (which may not be applicable to your residency situation).Individual forms are available in links below:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If separated or divorced, you must bring paperwork showing who has physical custody of the child(ren). If court documentation is not available, please bring a parental agreement stating where your child will be living the majority of the time. This statement must be signed by both biological or adoptive parents and notarized.
REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the HEALTH WEBSITE.
- Registration Checklist (to help you make sure you have everything you need for the meeting)
- Student Registration Form (2 pages)
- Statement of District Residency
- Residency Verification Form
- Parental Registration Statement
- Emergency Information Card
- Authorization for Exchange of Information (fill out previous school's complete address, city & state)
- Parental Custody and Access to School Information
- Acceptable Use Policy Agreement (signature only; top portion can be left blank)
- Educational Activities Media Release Form
- Home Language Survey (list all schooling from Kindergarten on, which grades for each school, and the calendar years attended)
- Speech & Language Support Program Form (for students entering Kindergarten only)
- Initial Health History School Nursing Service Form (filled out by parent)
- Health History Update Form (filled out by parent)
- Permission to Administer Medication Form (filled out by parent, form must be submitted even if not applicable)
- Immunization Update Form (a printout of all immunizations MUST be attached to this form)
- Private Physician Exam Form
- Private Dental Exam Form
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (filled out by parent - answer questions 1 and 2 only - Yes or No)
MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY FORM - (if applicable) It is necessary to bring the notarized multiple occupancy form to registration if parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township School District but resides with a Lower Moreland Township School District resident on a full-time basis. Property owner and multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must each provide three current proofs of address. Form must be notarized.4. THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY – Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools. Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland Township School District does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. The following shall be used to verify residency:
5. SCHOOL RECORDS
- one of the following documents:
- Property deed (or signed settlement papers)
- Most recent Lower Moreland tax bill
- Agreement of Sale:
- must show a settlement date
- you must provide the deed (or signed settlement papers) plus two additional proofs of residency to the Registrar within one week of the closing date
- if you will not occupy the home by the child(ren)'s first day of school, the family must pay tuition as per School Board Policy #202
- Out-of-District Tuition Payment Policy form must be submitted at registration with your signature
- Notarized lease (rental agreement)
- The lease must contain your landlord's telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, show start and end dates, and include the page with tenant and landlord signatures (notarization on the signature page).
- plus two of the following proofs of residency (showing your name and the Lower Moreland township address) - must be current:
- utility bill (water, cable, electric)
- credit card account billing statement
- bank statement
- mortgage statement
- homeowner or renter's insurance statement
- vehicle insurance statement
- vehicle registration
- voter's registration card
- letter from employer (if not self-employed)
- paycheck stub
- Academic records such as last two year's final report cards, any standardized testing reports, and transcript.
- If applicable, IEP/GIEP and Evaluation Report, 504 plan, or other Special Education accommodations/modifications.
SECTION II: CHANGE OF ADDRESSWhen you originally registered your child(ren) in Lower Moreland Township School District, you were required to provide proof of your residency in Lower Moreland Township. If you move within Lower Moreland Township School District, you must provide proof of residency for your new address.When there is a CHANGE OF ADDRESS within the district, parents/guardians must advise Central Registration within two weeks.Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217 to present the following items:
Please be aware that your child(ren)'s address and bus transportation cannot be changed until new proof of residency is received and verified.SECTION III: HELPFUL WEBLINKS
- parent/guardian photo ID
- If both parents do not reside in the same home, a court custody agreement (or) a notarized parental custody agreement is required
- deed, recent LM tax bill or notarized lease
- two other proofs of residency (bills or statements from businesses/organizations showing family name and address)
- Multiple Occupancy form (if parent/guardian is not the homeowner)
- FREE AND REDUCED PRICE LUNCH INFORMATION (if applicable)
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY 815
- TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS/PARENTS
- TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
- KINDERLINKS (before and after school program)
- e-ALERTS: Register to the district website and subscribe to receive e-alerts. Information about signing up for e-alerts can be obtained on the district homepage at www.lmtsd.org
- LOWER MORELAND TOWNSHIP