STUDENT REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURESREGISTRATIONS FOR ENROLLMENTDuring this time of "social distancing," registrations are being accepted onlinewithout an in-person meeting at the district.Please email: email@example.com and attach scans of all forms and documents.Please ensure all copies submitted are clear and legible.See documentation requirements below.SECTION I: REGISTRATION GENERAL INFORMATION
- Enrollment in Lower Moreland schools is restricted to Lower Moreland township residents.
- Only parents or guardians may register students.
- Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship papers.
- Notarized statements are not accepted.
- Age Eligibility
- for 2020-21:
- Kindergarten registrants must have a birth date before 9/1/2015
- First Grade registrants must have a birth date before 8/31/2014
- for 2021-22:
- Kindergarten registrants must have a birth date before 9/1/2016
- First Grade registrants must have a birth date before 8/31/2015
- for 2020-21:
1. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CHOICE OF LEARNING LOCATION FOR YOUR CHILD(REN) AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. You may choose from the following two options:
- HYBRID INSTRUCTION: Students are assigned to attend school in person on Tuesdays and Fridays each week (Hybrid Gold). On the other three days, students will participate in virtual instruction.
- When choosing this option, please advise the registrar if your child(ren) will require busing.
- Please see Health Information for Opening of School and particularly, the Daily Health Monitoring Checklist which will need to be completed each morning before attending school.
2. PROOF OF STUDENT BIRTH DATE - Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by the original birth certificate or valid passport.3. PARENT/GUARDIAN PHOTO ID is required when registering a student (current driver's license, government issued photo or valid passport), and a copy of spouse's driver's license if he/she will not attend the registration meeting.
- ALL VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION: Students will learn and complete teacher assigned work remotely five days a week. Live instruction will occur as students follow their daily schedule in a virtual setting. This option could be implemented district-wide as conditions warrant.
4. Student Registration Packet: This link is to ALL of the student registration forms, health forms, the Multiple Occupancy form, and Out-of-District Tuition form listed separately below.Individual forms are available in links below:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If separated or divorced, you must bring paperwork showing who has physical custody of the child(ren). If court documentation is not available, please bring a parental agreement stating where your child will be living the majority of the time. This statement must be signed by both biological or adoptive parents and notarized.
REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the HEALTH WEBSITE.
- Registration Checklist (to help you make sure you have everything you need for the meeting)
- Student Registration Form (2 pages)
- Statement of District Residency
- Residency Verification Form
- Parental Registration Statement
- Emergency Information Card (for Emergency Early Dismissal section, please choose only ONE option)
- Authorization for Exchange of Information (fill out previous school's complete address, city & state)
- Parental Custody and Access to School Information
- Educational Activities Media Release Form (two checkmarks required)
- Home Language Survey (list all schooling from Kindergarten on, which grades for each school, and the calendar years attended)
- Speech & Language Support Program Form (for students entering Kindergarten only)
- Initial Health History School Nursing Service Form (filled out by parent)
- Health History Update Form (filled out by parent)
- Permission to Administer Medication Form (MUST be submitted even if not applicable - filled out by parent)
- Immunization Update Form (a printout of all immunizations MUST be attached to this form)
- Private Physician Exam Form (due to COVID-19 this form can be waived at the time of registration, but will be required at a later date)
- Private Dental Exam Form (due to COVID-19 this form can be waived at the time of registration, but will be required at a later date)
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (filled out by parent - answer questions 1 and 2 only - Yes or No)
5. THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY – Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools. Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland Township School District does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. The following shall be used to verify residency:
6. SCHOOL RECORDS
- one of the following documents:
- Property deed
- Most recent Lower Moreland township tax bill
- Agreement of Sale:
- must show a settlement (closing) date
- must be accompanied by a signed Out-of-District Tuition Payment Policy form
- NOTE: if you do not occupy the home by the child(ren)'s first day of school, the family must pay tuition as per School Board Policy #202
- requires deed (or signed settlement papers) plus two additional proofs of residency be provided to the Registrar within one week of the closing date
- Notarized lease (rental agreement)
- must show start and end dates, list your child(ren) as occupant(s), and include the page with tenant and landlord signatures (notarization on the signature page).
- cannot have a start date that is after child(ren)'s first day of attendance. A child may not start school with a rental agreement until the date of residence.
- Multiple Occupancy form (if applicable)
- used when parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township but resides with a Lower Moreland Township resident on a full-time basis
- both property owner and the multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must complete their portion of the form and provide the following documents:
- property owner: ID, deed or recent LM tax bill, plus two proofs of residency
- multiple occupant: ID plus two proofs of residency
- the form must be notarized
- plus two of the following proofs of residency (showing your name and the Lower Moreland township address) - must be current:
- utility bill (water, cable, electric)
- credit card account billing statement
- bank statement
- mortgage statement
- homeowner or renter's insurance statement
- vehicle insurance statement
- vehicle registration
- voter's registration card
- letter from employer (if not self-employed)
- paycheck stub
7. GRADES 6 THROUGH 12 ONLY:
- Academic records such as last two year's final report cards, any standardized testing reports, and transcript.
- If applicable, IEP/GIEP and Evaluation Report, 504 plan, or other Special Education accommodations/modifications.
Welcome to Lower Moreland!Thank you for choosing the Lower Moreland Township School Districtas your child's educational home.We are honored that you are entrusting us with your childand will work hard every day to maintain that trust.We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child and look forward to working with you.
- The following form must be completed by a parent/guardian by the date of registration: LMTSD Parent/Guardian Chromebook Agreement.
- A check for the Chromebook technology fee in the amount of $25.00 will be collected. Check should be made payable to the Lower Moreland Township S.D.
SECTION II:CHANGE OF ADDRESS:When there is a change to your residence address within the district, parents/guardians must advise Central Registration within two weeks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217 to present the following items:
EXTENDED ABSENCE:School Board policy states: If a student is absent for ten (10) days in a row without an absence note from a medical provider, the district must drop the student from the active school rolls.In order for a student to be re-enrolled after being withdrawn for an extended absence, one utility bill or other proof of residency is required. This proof:
- parent/guardian photo ID (not required to be updated to the new address)
- NOTE: If both parents do not reside in the same home, a court custody agreement (or) a notarized parental custody agreement is required
- deed, recent LM tax bill or notarized lease
- two other recently dated proofs of residency (bills or statements from businesses/organizations showing parent/guardian's name and address)
- Multiple Occupancy form (required only if parent/guardian is not the homeowner or tenant)
- must be delivered or emailed to the District Registrar on or before the day of student's return
- must be dated within the last 30 days of the student's return
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 215-938-0230, ext. 3217.SECTION III: HELPFUL WEBLINKS
- FREE AND REDUCED PRICE LUNCH INFORMATION (if applicable)
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY 815
- TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS/PARENTS
- TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
- KINDERLINKS (before and after school program)
- e-ALERTS: Register to the district website and subscribe to receive e-alerts. Information about signing up for e-alerts can be obtained on the district homepage at www.lmtsd.org
- LOWER MORELAND TOWNSHIP