2017-18 REGISTRATION FOR ENROLLMENTPlease schedule a registration appointment as soon as possible!Summer Registration Dates are as follows:Monday and Tuesday, July 17 - 18Monday through Wednesday, July 24 - 26Monday and Tuesday, July 31 - August 1Wednesday and Thursday, August 9 - 10Monday through Thursday, August 14 - 17Friday, August 25Monday, August 28Call 215-938-0220, ext. 2164or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease schedule at your earliest opportunity.See Section I below for registration requirements.Welcome to Lower Moreland!Thank you for choosing Lower Moreland Township School Districtas your child's educational home.We are honored you are entrusting us with your childand will work hard every day to maintain that trust.We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child and look forward to working with you.SECTION I: REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION
NOTE: If separated or divorced, his/her license is not required, but you must bring paperwork showing who has physical custody of the child(ren). If court documentation is not available, please bring a parental agreement stating where your child will be living the majority of the time. This statement must be signed by both biological parents and notarized.2. STUDENT REGISTRATION PACKET includes the following forms:
- Enrollment in Lower Moreland schools is restricted to Lower Moreland township residents.
- Registrations are governed by School Board Policies No. 200 and No. 201
- Admission of Nonresident students shall be in accordance with LMTSD Policy No. 202.
- 2017-18 Age Eligibility:
- Registrants for Kindergarten must have a birth date before 9/1/12
- Registrants for 1st grade must have a birth date before 8/31/11
- Only parents or legal guardians may register students. Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship documentation. Notarized statements are not accepted.
- Click here for an easy to use Registration Checklist that outlines all forms and documents which should be brought to the registration meeting.
3. REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the health website.
- Student Registration Form (2 pages)
- Statement of Residency
- Residency Verification Form
- Parental Registration Statement
- Emergency Information Card
- Authorization for Exchange of Information (fill out previous school's complete address, city & state)
- Parental Custody and Access to School Information
- Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
- Educational Activities Media Release Form
- Home Language Survey (list all schooling from kindergarten on, which grades for each school, and the calendar years attended)
- Speech & Language Support Program Form (for students entering kindergarten only)
- Immunization Update Form (a printout of immunizations from physician's office MUST be attached to this form)
- Private Physician Exam Form
- Private Dental Exam Form
- Initial Health History School Nursing Service Form (filled out by parent)
- Health History Update Form/Permission to Administer Medication Form (filled out by parent, please bring both pages even if 2nd page is not applicable)
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (filled out by parent - answer questions 1 and 2 only)
5. MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY FORM - (if applicable) It is necessary to bring the notarized multiple occupancy form to registration if parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township School District but resides with a Lower Moreland Township School District resident on a full-time basis. Property owner and multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must each provide three current proofs of address. Form must be notarized.6. THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY – Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools. Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland Township School District does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. The following shall be used to verify residency:
- Property deed, most recent LM property tax bill, or notarized residential lease
- The lease must contain your landlord's telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, and include the page where both you and the landlord have signed with notarization.
- Agreements of Sale must show a settlement date. Please note that you will be required to produce settlement papers or the deed after settlement. If you do not occupy the home by the child(ren)'s first day of school, the family must pay tuition as per School Board Policy #202.
- plus 2 additional items that can include:
Internal Revenue Statement Voter Registration Card Insurance Statement Vehicle Registration Letter from Employer (if not self-employed) Welfare Card Bank Statement Utility Activation or Billing Statement Billing Statement
7. SCHOOL RECORDS
- Academic records such as last two year's final report cards, any standardized testing reports, and transcript.
- If applicable, IEP/GIEP and Evaluation Report, 504 plan, or other Special Education accommodations/modifications.
SECTION II: CHANGE OF ADDRESSWhen you originally registered your child(ren) in Lower Moreland Township School District, you were required to provide proof of your residency in Lower Moreland Township. If you move within Lower Moreland Township School District, you must provide proof of residency for your new address.When there is a CHANGE OF ADDRESS within the district, parents/guardians must schedule an appointment with Central Registration within two weeks to present these items:
Please be aware that your child(ren)'s address and bus transportation cannot be changed until new proof of residency is received and verified.SECTION III: HELPFUL WEBLINKS
- parent/guardian photo ID
- deed, recent LM tax bill or notarized lease
- Residential lease must be notarized, contain your landlord's telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, and include the page where both you and the landlord have signed..
- two other proofs of residency
- If parents do not reside in the same home, you will also need to show court custody agreement (or) a notarized parental custody agreement
- Multiple Occupancy form (if applicable)
- FREE AND REDUCED PRICE LUNCH INFORMATION (if applicable)
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY 815
- TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS/PARENTS
- TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
- KINDERLINKS (before and after school program)
- e-ALERTS: Register to the district website and subscribe to receive e-alerts. Information about signing up for e-alerts can be obtained on the district homepage at www.lmtsd.org
- LOWER MORELAND TOWNSHIP
Last Modified on June 21, 2017