The Top 10 Ways to Become a Better Reader
1. READ 6. READ
2. READ 7. READ
3. READ 8. READ
4. READ 9. READ
5. READ 10. READ
6 Ways Parents can Promote Reading at Home
You are your child's first and most important teacher.
Here are six ways you can help your child to become a great reader!
1. READ YOURSELF - Actions speak louder than words. When your kids see you reading, they will want to follow your example.
2. MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD READS EVERY DAY! - Reading is a skill, just like baseball and volleyball. Like other skills, it gets better with practice. Research has found that children who read for at least 30 minutes a day will develop the skills they need to become better readers at school.
3. GO TO THE LIBRARY - Make sure your family members have a library card and schedule regular trips to the library.
4. READ ALOUD TO YOUR CHILD - Research shows the THE MOST IMPORTANT THING PARENTS CAN DO TO HELP THEIR CHILD BECOME BETTER READERS IS TO READ TO THEM!
Ten minutes a day can have a huge impact!
5. GIVE BOOKS AS GIFTS - Help your child to build his/her own library.
6. MAKE READING A PRIVILEGE - "You can stay up 15 minutes later tonight so that you can read in bed."