I am the Director of Choral Activities (6th, 7th/8th, and ManChoir) and (one of) the General Music teacher(s) at The Murray Avenue School!
I consider it an honor and special privilege to teach your child and grow your child as a singer/musician/citizen of the world.
All course information, relevant materials (including practice tracks), and assignments can be found in the appropriate Google Classroom Class. If you need assistance with enrolling in your student's Google Classroom as a guardian, please email me at the email listed below:
Please, if you ever have any questions/concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to 6th Grade Chorus Class Expectiations/Course Guidelines Parent Acknowledgement Form:
Link to 7th/8th Grade Chorus Class Expectations/Course Guidelines Parent Acknowledgement Form:
Important Chorus Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year:
7th/8th Grade Chorus Evening Rehearsal Dates (Rehearsals run from 6:15pm-7:30pm in the Murray Ave Cafeteria, unless otherwise noted)
- Thursday, October 10th
- Tuesday, October 29th
- Monday, November 18th
- *Wednesday, December 4th* - WINTER CONCERT DRESS REHEARSAL, 6:15pm-7:45pm in the LMHS Auditorium!
- Tuesday, January 21st
- Thursday, February 27th
- Tuesday, March 31st
- Monday, April 13th
- *Tuesday, May 5th* - SPRING CONCERT DRESS REHEARSAL, 6:15pm-7:45pm in the LMHS Auditorium!
6th Grade Chorus rehearses every Tuesday after school from 3:00pm-4:10pm (when the late busses arrive), beginning Tuesday, October 8th
6th Grade Chorus is required to attend the evening dress rehearsals (December 4th and May 5th)
- Thursday, December 5th - WINTER CONCERT! (Arrival time for singers TBA, performance begins at 7:00pm in the LMHS Auditorium)
- Thursday, January 30th - ALL-CHORUS NIGHT (Arrival time for singers TBA, performance begins at 7:00pm in the LMHS Auditorium)
- Thursday, May 7th - SPRING CONCERT! (Arrival time for singers TBA, performance begins at 7:00pm in the LMHS Auditorium)
- Friday, May 22nd - Dorney Park Trip (7th/8th Grade Chorus Only)
LINKS TO INTERNET-BASED EDUCATIONAL MUSIC GAMES:
- Chrome Music Lab (from Google) (https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/)
- INCREDIBOX (https://www.incredibox.com/)
- Pug's Notation Training (http://www.musicpug.com/)
- Music Press Distress (https://makingmusicfun.net/flash/mpd.php)
- Rhythm Trainer (http://www.therhythmtrainer.com/)
- Music Teachers' Games (http://musicteachersgames.com/)
- Exploratorium.edu (http://exploratorium.edu/music/)
- Tone Matrix (http://tonematrix.audiotool.com/)
- Google Song Maker (https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Song-Maker/)
- Phil Tulga Unifix Drum Machine (http://www.philtulga.com/unifix.html)