Meet Mrs. Kasner
I am sure that you are wondering about your new teacher. Here are some facts that you might find interesting:
-Prior to coming to LMTSD, I have taught students in both elementary and middle schools in a neighboring school district.
- I have taught Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades. I was also a support teacher for students in 1st to 5th grades.
- My undergraduate work was done at Penn State University. This is where I received my degree in Elementary Education.
- I completed my Masters Degree at Gratz College. Additional graduate work was done through Drake University and Greenville University. I also received training at the Teachers College of Columbia University for both Writing and Reading.
- I am certified in Pennsylvania to teach Kindergarten to Sixth Grade.
- I am married to a computer teacher in a neighboring school district. We have three children (two boys and one girl).
- We have three rescue dogs...and a house full of other animals (a hamster, fish, frogs and more!). Two of our dogs came to us from Alabama and the other one came from Kentucky.
- I grew up in Central Pennsylvania (about half way between a town known for its chocolate and amusement park AND the city that is the capital of Pennsylvania). Can you figure out the area and amusement park? This is probably why I love rollercoasters...and chocolate!
- My favorite animals are dogs and elephants.
- During the last few years, we have been planting a fruit and vegetable garden at our house. It's been so much fun to grow our own food and try new recipes!
- I love sports. I played softball and basketball when I was in school.- I enjoy drawing, crafting and decorating.
- I do not have a favorite color.- We started a new family hobby a few years ago...camping. This was a big stretch for me, but it's been fun to try something new. I love going kayaking on local creeks and lakes.I am so excited to get to know each of you as we move through the school year!
Please use the links on the side toolbar to access other information about my classes.