The Board of School Directors is a critical public link to public schools. The board is elected and serves as agents of the state legislature for a four-year term without pay.School board members serve their communities in several important ways:
Dr. Murray Cohen, School Board PresidentPlease click here to reach Dr. Murray CohenMeetingsThird Tuesday of Every Month7:00 PMPine Road Board Room(lower level of the new addition)Residents with questions concerning school matters may address the Board at the regularly scheduled meeting at appointed times on the agenda.
- They look out for students.
- Education is not a line item on the school board's agenda -- it is the only item.
- They incorporate their community's view of what students should know and be able to do.
- They are accessible to the public and accountable for the performance of their schools.
- They ensure students get the best education for the tax dollars spent.
Last Modified on January 28, 2016