STUDENT REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
2017-18 REGISTRATION FOR ENROLLMENT
Please schedule a registration appointment
as soon as possible.
Call 215-938-0220, ext. 2164 or email: email@example.com
See Section I below for requirements.
Registration appointments are being held from now through June 16th.
Please schedule as soon as possible!
Summer Registration Dates will be announced soon.
SECTION I: REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Enrollment in Lower Moreland schools is restricted to Lower Moreland township residents.
- Registrations are governed by School Board Policies No. 200 and No. 201
- Admission of Nonresident students shall be in accordance with LMTSD Policy No. 202.
- 2017-18 Age Eligibility:
- Registrants for Kindergarten must have a birth date before 9/1/12
- Registrants for 1st grade must have a birth date before 8/31/11
- Only parents or legal guardians may register students. Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship documentation. Notarized statements are not accepted.
- Click here for an easy to use Registration Checklist that outlines all registration forms and documents which should be brought to the registration meeting.
1. Parent/Guardian PHOTO ID is required when registering a student (current driver’s license, government issued photo or Passport), and a copy of spouse's driver's license if he/she will not attend the registration meeting.
- If separated or divorced, his/her license is not required, but you must bring paperwork showing who has physical custody.
- If court documentation is not available, please bring a parental agreement stating where your child will be living the majority of the time. This statement must be signed by both biological parents and notarized.
2. STUDENT REGISTRATION PACKET includes the following forms:
3. REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the health website.
4. PROOF OF STUDENT BIRTH DATE – Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by the original birth certificate or duly attested transcript of the birth certificate.
5. MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY FORM - (if applicable) It is necessary to bring the notarized multiple occupancy form to registration if parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township School District but resides with a Lower Moreland Township School District resident on a full-time basis. Property owner and multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must each provide three current proofs of address. Form must be notarized.
6. THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY – Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools. Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland Township School District does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. The following shall be used to verify residency:
- Property deed, most recent LM property tax bill, or notarized residential lease
- The lease must contain your landlord's telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, and include the page where both you and the landlord have signed with notarization.
- Agreements of Sale must show a settlement date. Please note that you will be required to produce settlement papers or the deed after settlement. If you do not occupy the home by the child(ren)'s first day of school, the family must pay tuition as per School Board Policy #202.
- plus 2 additional items that can include:
|§ Internal Revenue Statement
||§ Voter Registration Card
|§ Insurance Statement
||§ Vehicle Registration
|§ Letter from Employer (if not self-employed)
||§ Welfare Card
|§ Bank Statement
||§ Utility Activation or Billing Statement
|§ Billing Statement
7. SCHOOL RECORDS
- Academic records such as last two year's final report cards, any standardized testing reports, and transcript.
- If applicable, IEP/GIEP and Evaluation Report, 504 plan, or other Special Education accommodations/modifications.
Welcome to Lower Moreland!
Thank you for choosing Lower Moreland Township School District as your child's educational home.
We are honored you are entrusting us with your child
and will work hard every day to maintain that trust.
We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child
and look forward to working with you.
SECTION II: CHANGE OF ADDRESS
When you originally registered your child(ren) in Lower Moreland Township School District, you were required to provide proof of your residency in Lower Moreland Township. If you move within Lower Moreland Township School District, you must provide proof of residency for your new address.
When there is a CHANGE OF ADDRESS/INFORMATION within the district, parents/guardians must schedule an appointment with Central Registration within two weeks to present these items:
- parent/guardian photo ID
- deed, recent LM tax bill or notarized lease
- Residential lease must be notarized, contain your landlord's telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, and include the page where both you and the landlord have signed..
- two other proofs of residency
- If parents do not reside in the same home, you will also need to show court custody agreement (or) a notarized parental custody agreement
- Multiple Occupancy form (if applicable)
Please be aware that your child(ren)'s address and bus transportation cannot be changed until new proof of residency is received and verified.
SECTION III: HELPFUL WEBLINKS
FREE AND REDUCED PRICE LUNCH INFORMATION (if applicable)
e-ALERTS: Register to the district website and subscribe to receive e-alerts. Information about signing up for e-alerts can be obtained on the district homepage at www.lmtsd.org