STUDENT REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
click on link below for Lower Moreland Township Fact Sheet
Click here for an easy to use Registration Checklist
Welcome to Lower Moreland! You are applying for admission of your child to attend school in the Lower Moreland Township School District. Student Registration forms can be downloaded from the website or obtained from the Central Registration office. Once all necessary registration forms are completed, please call 215-938-0220, x2164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. After you have completed registering with the Central Registration Office, you will be given a Registratrion Approval Letter and will need to make an appointment at your child's school by calling one of the following numbers:
Pine Road - 215-938-0290
Murray Avenue - 215-938-0230
High School - 215-938-0220
At this appointment, you will be required to bring the approval letter, required health forms, and most recent transripts and grades. During this appointment you may meet with your child's counselor and be making decisions about appropriate courses. It may be helpful if your child attends the appointment as well.
The information provided in LMTSD Policy No. 200
, No. 201
and below will guide you through the registration process. To register for kindergarten
, children must be five years of age before September 1st. Kindergarten registration will take place at Pine Road elementary school during the scheduled Kindergarten registration period. For additional information about Kindergarten registration, Click Here
To be eligible for first grade enrollment, children should be six years of age before September 1st. A child may be admitted early to first grade if the child demonstrates readiness for entry by the first day of the school term, upon the written request of the parent/guardian, recommendation of the school psychologist, and approval of the Superintendent.
Admission of Nonresident students shall be in accordance with LMTSD Policy No. 202.
Thank you for choosing Lower Moreland Township School District as your child's educational home! We are honored you are entrusting us with your child, and will work hard every day to maintain that trust. We truly believe our parents are partners with us in educating the whole child--and look forward to working with you.
Thank you, and welcome to Lower Moreland Township School District!
SECTION I: INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE REGISTRATION OFFICE
REGISTRATION FORMS – Registration WILL NOT be accepted without providing ALL required forms/documents.
- Parent/Guardian photo ID is required when registering a student (Current driver’s license, government issued photo or Passport.)
- MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY FORM - (if applicable) - It is necessary to bring the notarized multiple occupancy form to registration if parent/guardian does not own or lease property in Lower Moreland Township School District but resides with a Lower Moreland Township School District resident on a full-time basis. Property owner and multiple occupant (parent/guardian) must each provide three current proofs of address.
- PROOF OF STUDENT BIRTH DATE – Documentation of age requirement for admission may be satisfied by:
-Original birth certificate or duly attested transcript of the birth certificate
- THREE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY – Under Sections 1301 and 1302 of the PA School Code, Lower Moreland Township School District requires that proof of residency is verified before a student can be registered in our schools. Owning property and payment of property taxes in Lower Moreland Township School District does not automatically fulfill the residency clause as stated in the Pennsylvania School Code. The following shall be used to verify residency:
(Current driver’s license, government issued photo or Passport.)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian registering student(s) -
- Property deed, most recent property tax bill, or notarized residential lease
PLUS 2 additional items that can include:
§ Internal Revenue Statement
§ Voter Registration Card
§ Insurance Statement
§ Vehicle Registration
§ Letter from Employer (if not self-employed)
§ Welfare Card
§ Bank Statement
§ Utility Activation or Billing Statement
§ Billing Statement
Please note: When there is a CHANGE OF ADDRESS within the district, parents/guardians must schedule an appointment with Central Registration within two weeks to present updated change of address, parent/guardian photo ID and three proofs of address, as well as custody agreement (if applicable). If your new home is located in a different school boundary, please provide a written request if you would like your child to finish the school year at the present school. Address your request to Superintendent of Schools.
SECTION II: INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE SCHOOL
Once the parent/guardian receives a Registration Approval Letter from Central Registration, you will need to schedule an appointment with the school. Parent/guardian must provide the school with the required health forms, transcripts, and arrange placement testing. The registration process is not complete until the school has this information on file. (Additional forms may be required by the school.)
REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS – PA law requires that proof of immunization must be provided before a child can be admitted to any public, private or parochial school. Please review the immunization requirements found on the health website. The following forms which are required, can be downloaded from the website or obtained from a school office:
FREE AND REDUCED PRICE LUNCH INFORMATION (if applicable)
Register to the district website and subscribe to receive e-alerts. Information about signing up for e-alerts can be obtained on the district homepage at www.lmtsd.org